Michael Jake Carter
3D Modeler, 3D Print/CNC Expert & 2D Artist
Portfolio Website: Michaeljakecarter.com
(951) 258-7365 | Contact@michaeljakecarter.com | 29010 Allan Street Lake Elsinore, Ca 92532
Academy of Art University
San Francisco, Ca
• Bachelor of Fine Arts – 3D Modeling.
2D/3D Art Software Skills:
• Autodesk Maya (3D Modeling/CAD, Prototyping, Block-out Assets, Animation, UV Mapping, Materials)
• EnRoute (Setup/Create 2D Files & 3D Models for CNC Routing)
• ZBrush (Modeling, Prototyping, Block-out Assets, Sculpting)
• Adobe Photoshop (Concept Art & Highly Detailed 2D Art)
• Adobe Illustrator (Vector Art, 2D Art For CNC Routing & Concept Art)
• 3D-Coat (3D Modeling/CAD, UV Mapping, Hand-Painted & Photorealistic Texture Creation, Materials)
• Substance Painter 2 (Hand-painted & Photorealistic Texture Creation, Legacy/PBR Materials)
Rendering/Mock-Up Software Skills:
• Unreal 4 (Render 3D Models, Lighting Setup, Blueprint, Mock-up Scene Creation)
• Marmoset Toolbag 2 (Render 3D Models, Lighting Setup, Mock-up Scene Creation)
• Operated CNC Tables ( 4’ x 8’ & 5’ x 10’)
• 3D Printing ( Setting Up Print, Adding Support, creating G-Code File)
• Wired LED Lighting (RBG, Pixel Controlled)
• Assembled Products (Start To Finish Assembly Of Products)
• Knowledge of Adhesives (Glues, Tapes & Spray Adhesives)
Role: 3D Modeler, 3D Print Expert/ CNC and Graphic Artist
Company: SoCal Visual Solutions
My role at SoCal Visual Solutions is to create 2D vector art for CNC routing, graphic art, 3D models and 3D prints to be used for dimensional advertising. During my time at SoCal Visual Solutions many of the projects I have worked on were for trade shows, special events and amusement parks. My responsibilities are to create accurate and efficient 2D/3D files to be used for mockups, 3D printing and CNC routing. My role requires me to work efficiently as possible on multiple projects to make short deadlines for clients while maintaining a high quality of product.
My role at SoCal Visual Solutions is to design graphic art, 3D models and 3D prints to be used for dimensional advertising. Many of the projects I have worked on have ended up at trade shows, special events and amusement parks. My responsibilities are to create accurate and efficient 3D models to be used for mockups, 3D printing and CNC routing. My role requires me to work efficiently as possible on multiple projects to make short deadlines for multiple clients.
I have worked on multiple projects for clients which end up as part of beautiful dimensional advertising and display pieces. These projects range from 3D modeling, 3D printing and creating graphic art. Most projects required me to create vector art then 3D model for either mockups or 3D printing/CNC routing.